Thursday 24 August 2017

One Year Anniversary Post!

Well.... that went unnervingly fast!

Today marks one year since my first post on this blog!   Wow Wow!

I'm actually... really proud of myself that I've kept it going for a year like this, and I'm still enjoying it!

It's hard to put into words... this blog and meeting people because of the fandom has meant alot for me this year.  It's not been easy but this blog has been a welcome distraction from everyday problems.

I would have been very easy this year to... be very sad and very unmotivated.  I've been struggling with chronic illness and it's been difficult to feel good about myself, additionally various personal problems have been difficult to handle.

But... things are starting to look up!  I should be in surgery next month so hopefully my recovery begins there!

Most importantly Trek Tales has kept me focused and got me back into the habit of writing.  After I finished my Masters, I was somewhat adrift and I became out of practice however now I'm motivated to just sit and write... it doesn't matter if it's fiction or just another review, I'm writing and that's what matters I think.

I also realised that all I really want to do in life is write.

Anyway!  I should probably talk about the blog a little more!

I've just started a facebook page as a present to my blog?  I think?  So perhaps people will find it easier to get updates on there?

>>>>>>>>> Follow here ~ <<<<<<<<<<

I'm also working on getting an author directory put together at the moment, but that's a slow moving project :)  No hurry!

I'm in the process of writing more articles for Trek Fan Productions, keep an eye out for them ( obviously I'll link them here and on my essays page)

I'll update the layout at some point!  But I'm really not a very good designer, so it might take some time :)

Anyway, that's all for now!  Readers, thank you for your interest in this blog and putting up with this silly, nerdy, girl :) 

LLAP



No comments:

Post a Comment